Joshua Bryan Phillips
2010- Present Hoover City Schools Hoover, Alabama
Chief Technology Officer
- Provides visionary leadership and the ability to articulate that vision in areas of responsibility.
- Overall management of district network and technology team.
- Establishes and maintains an adaptive technology infrastructure strategy.
- Evaluates the integration of new technology.
- Develops, evaluates and maintains policies and procedures, strategies and technology rights management systems.
- Seeks funding and resources for program development.
- Builds working relationships with key community leaders, organizations and outsourced vendors.
- Monitors and controls project costs versus budget, and accomplishment versus schedule.
- Provides assistance to the schools through the development and implementation of technology education and learning technologies that meet system needs.
- Establishes and maintains highly secure technology environment.
- Develops and updates on an annual basis the district technology plan.
- Provides leadership in technology training, resources and staff development.
- Evaluates and prepares reports to the Superintendent on an as needed basis concerning technology issues.
- Provides consultation and develops bid proposals on all types of computer technology and networks.
- Collaborates with the Alabama Department of Education and higher education, as appropriate to ensure that teachers, staff and school administrators are prepared to use technology.
2007- 2010 Hoover City Schools Hoover, Alabama
- Implemented new networking projects in response to System needs.
- Ensured maximum network uptime and performance.
- Investigated and proposed new policies, procedures and hardware relative to network systems.
- Researched the impact of application development upon network infrastructure and servers.
- Responsible for TCP/IP design, implantation, documentation and management.
- Provided training for various personnel within the school system on hardware and software.
- Established and maintain appropriate back-up and disaster recovery procedures.
- Maintained an awareness of current technological trends.
- Monitored school compliance with all applicable laws and make needed recommendation.
- Administrated Microsoft Servers, Active Directory, Exchange, MOSS, OCS, Cisco Call Manager and other technologies.
2004- 2007 Hoover City Schools Hoover, Alabama
Instructional Technology Specialist/Technology Coach
- Made recommendations to administrators as to how to best utilize technology budget money.
- Developed “Pilot” program for a “one to one” solution in the elementary schools.
- Mentor to new team members.
- Worked on team to develop Hoover City Schools SharePoint Portal.
- Presented new technology to staff and administrators the integration into the classroom.
- Provided ongoing technical support to staff and administrators.
- Assisted Chief Technology Officer in relating material to students from K to fifth grade.
- Lead planning sessions of the use of new technology being implemented in Hoover City Schools.
- Developed plan/outline for computer lab. As well as Group Policy and remote desktops.
- Created new users in Active Directory as needed.
- Created and maintained school website, district website, and on-line training.
- Intel Master Teacher.
1998-2004 Oak Grove High School Bessemer, Alabama
- Teaching Experience included self-contained and departmentalized instruction
- OGHS Second Mile Teacher for the 2001-2002 School year.
University of Alabama in Birmingham, BS in Elementary Education, 1998
Samford University, MS in Elementary Education, 2003
Available upon request